1. The National Department
Only Iranian artists are allowed to participate in one of the four fields of this department (listed below), and each artist can participate in one department merely: either the national, the international or the special award.
The Contest Fields
- Nasta’liq Font
- Iranian Naskh Font
- Thuluth/ Mohaqiq & Raihan Fonts
- Shekaste Nasta’liq Font
2. The International Department
All artists, without any exceptions, either Iranian or foreign, can participate in the fields of this department. Obviously, Iranians participating in this department cannot perform in the national department.
The Contest Fields
- Thuluth Font
- Naskh Font
- Thuluth Jali Font
The Special Award (The Comprehensive Fatimid Board)
All artists, either Iranian or foreign, are allowed to participate in this section with no boundaries. Due to the variety of fonts demanded in the scripting of the Fatimid comprehensive board, artists can participate in groups or individually.
Note1: Only artists participating in team-work in this section of the contest are allowed to participate in one of the other two contest’s departments; Obviously, artists who are participating individually cannot perform in any other section.
Note2: In this section, if any team performs and wins, the award will be equally divided and distributed between the team members.
The International Department
|Field||1st Rank||2nd Rank||3rd Rank||Appreciating*|
|1||The Thuluth Font||14000 $||10000 $||7000 $||1400 $
Appreciating prize for nine artists utmost all elected by the Jury amongst the award’s participants.
|2||The Naskh Font||14000 $||10000 $||7000 $|
|3||The Thuluth Jali Font||14000 $||10000 $||7000 $|
The Special Award
|The Fatimid Comprehensive Board**||20000 $|
** In this section, artists can participate either individually or in teams. If a team wins, the prize is to be equally divided between the whole members.
The Overall Rules & Standards
- To participate in the contest, you must sign up or register at the Yase Yasin site: yaseyasin.com. If the registration is missed during the deadline, you won’t be allowed to send your artwork and participate in the contest.
- After the registration, a special code will be sent to each participant through his/her email address. This code must be written with a pencil behind the participating artwork. If the code is missed, the artwork will be omitted and banned from attaining the award.
- Participating in the national department is exclusively allowed for the Iranian artists and artisans.
- Participating in the international department and the section of the special award (the Fatimid comprehensive board) is open for all the artists and artisans with no boundaries.
- Every participant can perform in only one department among either the national, the international or the special (the Fatimid comprehensive board) sections; and in each section, artists are legitimated to participate in one field merely.
Note: Only artists participating in teams in the special section of the award (the Fatimid comprehensive board) can concurrently perform in one field of the other two departments.
- All the winning artworks in all fields and sections, either amongst the first three rankings or the selected works for receiving the appreciation prize won’t be returned to their developers. All kinds of copyrights, either financial or spiritual, along with the ownership of these artworks are reserved and belong to the Mirase Yase Yasin Institute for Culture and Art. Any further usage of the original work or its copy, including its publishing and release, is estimated for the institute’s benefit only.
- The artworks that fail to gain any rank will be returned between April 8, 2024 and June 9, 2024 during office hours to either their developers, personally, or any legal agent introduced by him (with a signed letter containing the ID number or the passport number and the registration code). The delivery of these artworks would be merely done at the secretariate address.
- After the announced deadline, none of the remaining artworks would be delivered and the secretariate won’t be answering any further claims; Obviously, these artworks will be in the possession of the institute.
- The required content to be written and scripted in case of participating in the contest in any of the listed fields will be uploaded on the award’s site and other social media accounts on January 23rd, 2023 as a final deadline.
- Posting the artwork as a flat or cylindrical package is accepted, provided that it would be safe from any scratching, folding, or damage.
- The award’s secretariate isn’t responsible for any harm or damage resulting from the post service. Moreover, the delivery delay is not its responsibility as well.
- The secretariate is responsible for the payment of all transportation charges (round trip) along with the visa and the settlement expenses of all winners, either Iranian or foreign, including the special and the first three ranking winners in all fields, to participate in the closing and bestowal ceremony.
- The Award’s Booklet will be gifted to all winners along with the members of the jury after being published.
- A participation certificate will be published for all the participants in the contest and would be sent to them through the social media or email address.
- The registration and participation in this award imply your consent to all terms and conditions listed in this recall especially the assentation of the jury’s judgement.
- Winning the special award and qualifying as one of the first three rankings are available if the award’s jury has already given any participating artwork the required marks. As a matter of fact, being superior in comparison to other artworks cannot be a mere factor for the artwork to be elected amongst the winners.
- The jury council has the freedom to ask one or a group of the participating artists to perform live scripting before the final ceremony and the announcement of the winners.
- Rejecting the acquired rank and award by the artist in order to reclaim the original copy of his participating artwork is not acceptable.
- The award’s secretariate is determined to take the suitable decisions in regards to any unpredictable occurrences.
The Technical Standards of the National, International and Special Departments
- Participants are obliged to use high-quality light-colored handmade Ahar paper in all fields.
- The usage of superfine black ink is obligatory. In case an artwork was performed with low-quality ink, it will be banned from entering the competition.
Note: Artists can use high-quality colored ink (stable and superfine such as Schmincke) in scripting the Holy verses, the greetings, and the Names.
- Artworks must not have any traces of collage techniques, oiling, fixative, lacquer, or any designs including decorative grids and tables and gilding. In addition, they must be presented on plain suitable papers and with no attachment to any kind of miniatures or models.
- The artworks must include the artist’s signature. Signature-deprived artworks will be excluded from the competition.
- The full scripting of the whole offered text along with its source is obligatory in each artwork. Any deletion or addition to the text will cause the exclusion of the artwork from the competition.
- The pen’s size will be specified separately for each field and font in the following pages.
- The paper may be used in portrait or landscape direction and the artist is extremely free in showing his creativity and ingenuity; of course, adjusting to the required borders and margins according to the paper’s edges is a must.
- The dimensions of the artwork will be respectively and individually specified for each field.
- The dictation mistakes and wrong inflection markers would certainly lead to the exclusion of the corresponding artwork from the competition.
- The standards and content specified for each field will be explained separately in its corresponding paragraph.
- Creativity, ingenuity and the artistic scripting of the page will get the artist some extra scores.
The Award’s Calendar
- Publishing the recall officially: January 13th, 2023
- The registration deadline (in the award’s site): till October 23rd,2023
- The deadline for receiving the artworks at the secretariat: November 16th, 2023
- Announcing the results: December 11th, 2023
- The closing and bestowal ceremony: January 3rd, 2024 at the birthdate of her holiness Zahraa (as).
The Jury Members (according to the alphabetical order):
- Abdurridha Bahia Dawood Rozan- Iraq
- Abdussamad Haj Samadi- Iran
- Ali Shirazi- Iran
- Dawood Biktash- Turkey
- Jalil Rasooli- Iran
- Obaida Saleh Al-Banki- Syria
- Osman Uzjay- Turkey
- Mohammad Javadzadeh- Iran
- Yadollah Kabuli- Iran
- If necessary, the award’s trustees’ council can add other members to the jury for any of the competition fields.